View Single Post
10/23/13, 12:16 PM   #7
Re: Central region Lightning / Mini sprint meeting
DAD

Phil

I appreciate your efforts. Right now I am working on a role over type go no go gauge. Instead of that clumsy sissors deal this would just be a gauge set at stock bore + .010 inch overbore for each motor type. When inserted into the bore through the spark plug hole if it layed down all the way the bore would be overbored if not it would be a legal.

My point is it is not in the motor as much as most people would like to believe. The driver that can hook up the horsepower that is available is the one that will win the races. I would work on a quick tec deal that could be done quickly at the end of the race. At midnight no one wants to be standing around watching a guy stick his dirty fingers in their motors.

We have all watched hot shoes from out of town come in beat our butts take our money, maybe sell a few cars and leave.

If you have ever watched they head out to the main with either a sticker right rear or maybe one heat cycle in them. Why not offer them a nice 3 or 4 race old spec take off tire to race on, save them the money of buying a tire and level the playing field out for the club racer.

The best way to get these things to run 3 wide across the finish line is weight and tires.

One big problem I see in the near future is motor shape. To make them work better in race bikes they are putting the trans under the crank case with real tall pans. The problem is this will place the motor very high in the race car, and make oil pick up a real problem.

Also until the economy picks up, and they start importing and selling pocket rockets again the availability of good motors will go down and price of good motor with low miles are going to go up. A motor with several thousand mile is not a real good choice for a race car.

The cost of fuel and people spending all their money trying to stay alive has also had a killer affect on racing in general, just look around the pits. I don't see a lot of traveling mini sprint teams in the near future.

Work on making racing cheaper with a good Tire rule and sponsor. More competitive with weight.

I for one would like to see several classes in the winter where we could take our better racers and have them pass on some knowledge to the newer racer on driving- set up and gearing. That is how we can increase car count.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 10/23/13 at 12:26 PM.

2 members like this post: D.L. 122, Wayne Davis