View Single Post
9/7/08, 3:08 PM   #12
Re: $15,000 to Win ($1,000 to Start) Midgets- Gold Crown Midget Nationals w/ USAC & P
BRENT

Three nights of midget racing at Granite City with a possibility of 60+ cars. This race looks like it could be the best race of the year. For the fans, the admission is very much in line. Twenty five for each of the two regular shows is not out of line, and thirty five for the big night is less than tickets for the Chili Bowl or any Outlaw event. For the car owners, one hundred dollars in advance for the three nights isn't that big of an increase, when POWRi owners pay twenty dollars for entry fees each night on regular shows. The pit passes were not inflated, so if the entry is paid ahead of the deadline the only additional cost is forty dollars. For the drivers, the best competition in the country will be there. The only complaint I can see will be the parking if you don't get there early.

By the way I don't work for the track or POWRi, but I would like to see this race have a chance. I do think POWRi and the good people at Tri City Speedway deserve a big pat on the back for taking a big chance promoting this race and I wish them success.