View Single Post
2/6/19, 11:34 PM   #15
Midget98

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48M View Post
As a former Midget driver (2016 -2nd in POWRi Outlaw Midget Points, not bragging just for reference) I prefer to have some sort of covering on both sides of me. Since midgets run with no wing I am entering and exiting the car from the top anyway, and left side exit would result in dealing with a hot exhaust. I have been in an accident when a front tire on another car got into the car with me and smashed my hand on the steering wheel, after that i started putting left side guards on my cars. I am not personally a fan of the halo bars being put on cars now. I had one on a midget and my Han's device would get caught on it when i was trying to get out of the car. But i don't know what the answer is for head protection so as of now i would just risk running with out the Halo. But i can say if I run midgets or Wingless sprints I will have some sort of panel on the left side of the car.
I too am a former midget driver and I agree about the protection, but carbon fiber and sheet metal don't give you any real protection other than from rocks or mud. The only thing that adds to real safety is extra chassis bars and they don't have to be covered with body panels to do their job. If the body work is what makes you feel safe in the car, you're just fooling yourself.

6 members like this post: captrat, jdull99, kcarm92, luckybuc97, racer5c, Tony74