View Single Post
11/19/15, 5:04 PM   #19
Re: Umra- king of the tq midgets
Matt Arrington

We have been seriously considering moving into a newer 4 valve engine and from everything we can tell it would be cheaper in the long run. For us the biggest expense would be to change the rear end but we are pretty sure we can gear for about every track except for Rushville with what we have. I have my doubts that setting 750 Hondas back atop the pile and tying the fate of TQ racing in Indiana to the 750 Honda is a good idea. It sure seemed like there was finally hope that TQ's could evolve past the 750 Honda dinosaurs they have been running for 30 or more years and take advantage of the abundant amount of 4 valve engines that are out there. There are parts that you just can't find for a 750 Honda anymore. It's all going to end up being who has 750 Honda parts left over. Supply and demand. Cost increase. You can put a brand new engine in your car out of a crashed bike for about what a 750 Honda rebuild will cost you. Perhaps I am way off here but I am not optimistic about the decision for TQ racing. For myself... sure.

2 members like this post: Kellen Conover, treecitytornado