View Single Post
10/7/15, 9:23 AM   #35
Re: Midget Races at Banker's Life
DonMoore10

I was not at Kemper but some of my close driver friends that were there told me the Kemper track could fit inside the infield at Tulsa. About the size of a 1/4 midget track. So do I want to spend my time and money watching full size midgets race on a postage stamp deal? Just because it's tied into the PRI crowd doesn't make it a good event unless you have nothing else to do but sit in a hotel room.The Indy venue was built in 1999, so its not new in terms of its flexibility. There is only so much room in these basketball/hockey places. There is dirt and then there is racing dirt. If they are going to use the moto cross dirt from Lucas, there is a big difference in a motorcycle race and midgets slinging dirt around, how much dust is created and how the dirt has been treated. Also, as I eluded to before, they are publicly advertising the 40 best MIDGET drivers. If I'm the promoter, I'm going to try to get the biggest names in AUTO racing, not the biggest names in MIDGET racing. So.... if you look at the list that I published on this thread, most of the names on there are not going to attract 20,000 people. So we will see in due time who these 40 biggest names in MIDGET racing are. Maybe Gapinski can publish who is 26-40 on his list. So it's academic to me that the 40 best MIDGET drivers should come from that list with a few exceptions such as Kevin Olson, Russ Gamester and a few others, not NASCRAP guys or sprint car drivers that race a midget once in a blue moon. Case in point: Kenny Wallace at the Silly Bowl last year... a major promotion disaster. We will see what this out of town promoter from Charlotte, NC does with this promotion. The only model for this event is Kemper, so......... To me this event would have a lot more potential if it were run on Concrete, not on a tiny hockey dirt track that was created a few minutes ago.
Last edited by DonMoore10; 10/7/15 at 9:43 AM.

2 members like this post: PAW, ronmil