View Single Post
11/7/23, 8:34 AM   #10
Re: Midwest Thunder 410 Sprints
Crankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
Lordy. New racing series announced and we’re already ********? About the name?? 🤦🏻*♀️. Who cares what they call it - let’s go racing!!
I totally agree Mr. Wild. I too hate it when someone works hard at something new, and then the big day comes for the announcement. Like clockwork, the next post is written by someone who has never owned a racecar in their life, and is whining about the tire rule within said announcement.

I understand how my initial post could be taken that way, but that was not the intention. I was just pointing out to this person that someone else in the same region has spent many years trying to build that same name, and maybe for some strange reason, this guy didn't know that?
It was not I that stirred things up after that. I mean, I didn't mouth off to TQ. I did not know about what TQ said, aaaand, there is no reason to stir things up over what he wrote. I read his post, I respect his point, and move on.

But, the name does matter Mr. Wild. Midwest Thunder has spent more than 6-7 years building their brand. They went from just another class among 47 other classes at Montpelier, to now being regular opening acts at Sprint Week shows! And now, someone else doing a similar thing, in the same region, wants to use the same name??!!

That would be kind of like some guy named Bob wants to start his own business called Bob's Lil Wieners. Bob builds his business over time from Kokomo to Indianapolis to Bloomington, and beyond. Things are starting to go pretty good for Bob's Lil Wieners.
But from out of the blue, 7 years later, another guy named Bob, from Muncie, wants to start his own business too, and he calls it Bob's Lil Wieners & Warm Buns? Bob has aspirations of going from Muncie to Indianapolis to Terre Haute, and beyond.

Seems like 2nd Bob, out of sheer courtesy, should start with a different name to avoid confusion. And, to maybe not step on the toes of others who have worked hard to build their name to kind of the same audience/participants.

Again, I never intended to start an argument on this announcement. Nobody seemed to have an issue with Sir Charles saying basically the same thing in another post on the same subject? Yet here, Bob stepped on his wiener, and well, ya know........

4 members like this post: RHR, Stevensville Mike, TQ29m