View Single Post
3/17/20, 12:20 AM   #28
Re: Coronavirus effecting motorsports.

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
I received this e-mail from the ticket service company for the IndyCar race in St. Pete that was canceled:

UPDATE:

Ticket Purchasers on file for the March 13-15, 2020 event may choose to defer their purchased tickets for use at the March 2021 Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg. Alternatively, ticket purchasers may elect to receive a credit for the full amount paid plus an additional 10% to apply towards future Green Savoree Racing Promotions events, including, but not limited to, grandstand seating, general admission, camping, RV space, paddock access and pit passes at either the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Honda Indy Toronto or Grand Prix of Portland. This 110% credit can be used in a single transaction during the remainder of the 2020 or 2021 season, subject to availability.

Ticket holders will receive detailed instructions and next steps via email Friday March 20, 2020. Thank you for your continued patience.

We look forward to racing on the streets of St. Petersburg March 2021!

I am reading this as I can either go to the 2021 St Pete race or use my tickets and get credit plus 10% for selected other races this year. I am not liking the wording that does not have a sentence in there reading "or a full refund given", or words to that effect.

To be continued March 20th - the next update.
They should offer the 10% to renew next years St Petes race. it say it is good for the 2020 and 2021 season. That would likely get them the least refund requests which they should be offering given the circumstances.

1 member likes this post: interpreter66