Thread: Danica patrick
View Single Post
2/18/13, 4:18 PM   #30
Re: Danica patrick
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingGirl10 View Post
So because she gets photographed in bathing suits because her sponsors tell her she has to, she doesn't get to be a role model? We have all seen first hand how hard sponsors are to come by. If Go Daddy told any of us to jump for money, we'd all be asking "how high"? I've seen pictures of Carl Edwards half naked in magazines plenty of times. Do you also tell your little girl not to look up to an extremely lengthy list of female tennis, golf, and soccer players, along with skiiers and runners who have been photographed in bathing suits? If I had a body like her I'd walk around in a bikini everyday.... Just saying. Male athletes are photographed shirtless daily, and little boys aren't instructed to not look up to them because of it. Girls wear a 2 piece and get to be called "hookers".

Posted via Mobile Device
Amy,

Unfortunately, the vast majority of professional athletes and entertainers provide very little that I would want my grandkids to look up to as true role models. We have young men and women laying their lifes on the line everyday in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, police, firemen, EMT's, teachers, etc... that deserve so much more than they receive. These to me, are the true heros and role models of our time. They don't have to be half naked for me to look up to them for what they do for all of us.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4 members like this post: I Miss Manzy, midgetmaniac, REH24