View Single Post
1/20/17, 8:18 PM   #6
Re: Oct 6-7 Midgets Weekend
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_says17 View Post
Tri-City has been a frustrating track when it concerns open wheel racing and especially with events sanctioned by USAC. The 2-day show that got cancelled last year (which I never heard a good reason why btw) was a big let down. I was also hoping when the WAR East schedule came out recently, that maybe a Tri-City show or two might be on there, nope. Don't know if the promoters shy away from the track or if the track owners just don't really care about sprints and midgets enough to put any priority on them when it comes time to compile a schedule...........
I think that you are way off base with this comment. Tri-City tried for many years to try to create premier midget event. The Gold Crown has just had some really bad luck. Rainouts, partial rainouts, POWRi scheduling against it, moving dates, car owners staying away..... It has had more misses than hits. The one year that I went with decent weather and great car counts, the race was incredible. It was the best races of the year.

At some point, the owners have to look at risk/reward. They have put themselves at risk plenty of times for the Gold Crown and the reward has yet to come. While I would be disappointed in the Gold Crown stopping, I would not be surprised. Tri-City has definitely put in the effort to make the Gold Crown a success.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, mc/rider, opnwhlmnd, wolfpack58