View Single Post
1/20/17, 11:02 AM   #5
Re: Oct 6-7 Midgets Weekend
Simon_says17

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
If you want to see midgets and sprints at Granite City, I suggest that attendance at the show this spring is a must. Lets show them that there is an audience for open-wheel shows at Granite City.
Totally agree. If we could get just a portion of the late model fans that show up for Lucas Oil shows it'd be great. The stands are packed for the $10,000 to win shows there. I just think most of them don't even consider it or even hear about it. Obviously i'm an open wheel fan first and foremost but there are some stock car shows i'll consider going to from time to time. Last year i only went to Belleclaire for the Summer Nationals. I'm a race fan first and foremost, i just want to see good racing. For some reason i feel like many LM and modified fans are not as interested in good racing, as much as going to see their racing of choice.

The fact that open wheel races at Tri-City get zero promotion doesn't help either. If was going to have a USAC show upcoming, you bet your a** i'd have a big banner at the track saying so and maybe an ad in the paper or two. It's not like the track is in a secluded area without any traffic. It's right off the highway...There are things they could do to add some hype. Granite is close enough to the St. Louis they could even promote on the other side of the river.

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, ISF, jim goerge