View Single Post
1/19/17, 11:40 AM   #3
Re: Oct 6-7 Midgets Weekend
Simon_says17

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 17

When the schedules came out at the beginning of the year i was hoping that, with the USAC sprints being TBA on the 6th and 7th, the May 19th show at Tri-City might be a bit of a trial run and if it went well, then have a USAC midget and sprint cars race that weekend at Tri-City. Obviously very wishful thinking but still.

Tri-City has been a frustrating track when it concerns open wheel racing and especially with events sanctioned by USAC. The 2-day show that got cancelled last year (which I never heard a good reason why btw) was a big let down. I was also hoping when the WAR East schedule came out recently, that maybe a Tri-City show or two might be on there, nope. Don't know if the promoters shy away from the track or if the track owners just don't really care about sprints and midgets enough to put any priority on them when it comes time to compile a schedule.

I fell in love with traditional sprint cars watching Daron Clayton drive the wheels off at the old half mile at Tri-City when I was a young punk. Hoping to see more wingless races there and hopefully the May 19th show goes well, it'll be the first time USAC has been at the restructured 3/8ths.

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing