View Single Post
1/10/12, 11:19 AM   #5
Re: Best Choice for Head and Neck Restraint?
Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by racecrzy View Post
Does it use the belts at all or is it independant and use the driver as the anchor?
The shoulder belts do go over it but there are straps that go around the driver that hold it in place. Like was said above, it works laterally as well as frontal and can take multiple frontal impacts.

We just purchased two Hybrid Pro Rages at the shootout for my son in his 600 mini and me. The Pro Rage will save a little money as it is a carbon fiber and composite as opposed to the full carbon fiber model.

The other good thing about this system is it is not restricted to certain seat inclines. That is to say if you race a sprint car one week in an upright seat and a mod the next in a lay back seat the system will work with both. The Hans will not.

I did a lot of research on H&N systems and to me this was the best fit for open wheel dirt cars. Lots of professional sprint car and late model drivers are using this system. We spoke with Safety Solutions (Simpson) at the shootout and he made some very good points that getting out of the car in a hurry is much easier with this system, especially if you are running a late model or modified with the smaller window openings.

They will be back at the Chili Bowl this week if you are attending it. If so, bring your helmet as they will install the anchor devices for you at no extra charge.
Last edited by Texan; 1/10/12 at 11:21 AM.