View Single Post
7/12/13, 3:31 PM   #130
Re: Attn: Mmsa mini sprints
openwheel44

Just from 2-3 conversations today, I think most are on the same page about this motor issue. Stock.....bone stock. Fuel conversions only. Gas or Alky. Weight needs to be resolved. The biggest issue I see is how to tech all the components and not scare everyone off thinking they are going to have a hell of bill with the motor man after a "tech procedure" has been performed on their unit. Another issue....gas versus alky. Same arguments.........costs of alky conversions, safety of alky compared to gas and testing of both.

I have a question.........I have been told that "some" electronics on these motors are set up that they can only run at 80% of throttle in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. The ECU needs to be reflashed so these motor can run at 100% throttle all the time no matter what gear you are in. I think most of us use either 2nd or 3th gear 95% of the time. Is this fact or fiction? If it's fact, is there going to be issues with BONE STOCK ECU's? And........how do you tech an ECU at the race track?

Another question.......availability of stock rods for certain motors. One of our locals is saying he was having trouble with finding stock rods for his R-1 and on top of that.......aftermarket ones were cheaper. ????? Again.....fact or fiction? Is this guys blowing smoke up our a$$es??? Someone in the know please respond.

STOCK can be a pain in the a$$ but it seems that is the only thing that is going to keep this class going in the right direction. We all just need to determine ways to keep the honest more honest.

I am excited about the possibilities of having some sort of "meeting" to establish a common set of rules for this class. A set that all associations can agree with. Me.....I don't expect a bona fide National Organization at this time because no one wants to dedicate that much time to the situation at this point. I just think a "gentlemen's agreement" to a rules package that is ENFORCED would be sufficient to begin with. Baby steps............