Thread: Tire Dopers
View Single Post
sprint38racer (Offline)
  #35 3/19/22 5:09 PM
Originally Posted by on_the_edge:
I think he believes that all the usac regulars do it and they did it and got caught but since they are not usac regulars they got punished. If all of them did it and usac knew it I don't think they would be wasting the time and money to test the top 3 every night who more times than not are the usac regulars. But you'll never convince him otherwise so it's a losing battle.
I do not believe all USAC racers do it. I am very sure of several who never have done anything illegal with there tires. I am just as
sure there are those who have, and have been at times. A prominent usac crew chief told and showed me three years ago how to identify a doped tire visually, and what visual evidence was on a tire or removed from a tire to prevent visual detection. Initially skeptical I studied tires for a long time and was able to determine what I had been told was true. Based on that AND many conversations that I will not share with whom, I know who has. I also know who has prepped tires for some names people wouldn’t expect. One other fact I would add is usac does NOT test the top three every night. In regards to the timing of test results the florida results been known for some time now, but only crickets are heard. All anyone wants is a level playing field and a consistent application of the rules, and I am in that camp.
10 Likes: addictedtodirt, BrentTFunk, dalemo, DirtTrackTherapy16J, dshort36, oppweld, sc17x, superstock30, tirespinner, Turd Ferguson