View Single Post
6/19/13, 8:37 PM   #1
Looking for no longer raceable sprint car for training
19racer

In light of the recent accidents in sprint car racing
I am looking for anyone who may have an old sprint car thats not raceable but is as complete as possible for training purposes only. Would like to be a roller, but dont care if the parts are junk or bent. The training will be like safely uprighting a car with driver still in it or removing a driver as quick and safe as possible in worst case scenario. Also trying to come up with some sort of plugging devices to plug fuel lines or the tank should they seperate from the car or break or have a small puncture. The training would involve the track owners, officials, emts, and fire crews. This is in effort to make it as safe as we can for everyone involved with the limited resources that are available.
Safety is my number 1 goal at any racetrack I work at. it could possibly involve a few local drivers that may be off from racing on a training date to be strapped in the car. The more real that we can make it, the better prepaired we all can be, and most important thing is the drivers feel safe when they roll out onto the track, and hopefully wont ever need to use it, but should it happen we will be more prepaired and no 2 accidents are ever the same. My goal would be to have at least 2 a year one before season starts and one in the middle and anytime in between should we need to do so
any ideas or thoughts from drivers??? If you dont want to post it on here please feel free to send a private message and i will get back to you. Thanks Jim