View Single Post
7/22/14, 9:46 AM   #6
Re: Observations from an old fan
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Just a observation and not to criticize any promoter here. I believe they are doing what they think is best for their track and $$

I notice a HUGE difference in the number of kids at tracks that allow the 10 or 12 and under in free, Have been told by many parents that used to go, It's just too expensive to haul the kids too now.

I don't know the answer and its only a thought, Wouldn't it be better to get the two 12-15 dollar adult admissions and all the concessions that go along with it than nothing at all?

Also know a couple tracks run kids club type things. For a couple bucks they get a coloring book, some other things and a chance at a pic in victory lane..

While this particular instance given is USAC $25 premium tickets and the fact that a third to a half of the attendees are doing most, if not the whole tour camping/motel. I can see where kids would add a huge expense to 9 days of travel and entertainment and therefore might not be relevant to the overall scheme of things.

I feel for promoters, There are so many options and getting people in the gates *Although I find the entertainment and competition totally worth the $$* is a daunting job indeed.

That being said. Sprintweek had stellar crowds and stellar car counts and again, Both probably have nothing to do with the overall scheme of things as generally counts have been down.

2 members like this post: DAD, jim goerge