View Single Post
3/28/17, 8:55 PM   #46
Re: Desoto Speedway safety
ossuks

Had to wait one night for 2 1/2 hours to get started because there was no ambulance or fire crew to start hot laps, promoter said they would be there when the racing started because they were not needed during practice or qualifying (and again who took the blame).

One of my favorites was at Mansfield Speedway one night, the promoter tells me that the firehouse is only seven minutes away and they have an ambulance. I ask him what do you do if they are on another run...blank stare, still no ambulance...then I ask him what if a train is using those tracks...blank stare no ambulance...so finally I tell him if he can fold his breath for 7 minutes we will race with no ambulance...dude made a phone call and ambulance was secured for the night.

I know that there are very few tracks that can provide an ambulance that is staffed with more than a bandage queen, that can transport, have adequate fire equipment, and are staffed with people that know what to do..

I will end with 2 more quotes. When I asked where the fire truck was once the guy points at a 4 wheeler with on bottle...I was like really?.. He says as serious as he could (and he was) Those midgets are small cars and they will have small fires.

This one is off topic but I can not contain myself..Kevin Miller told me once that he was getting complaints about motors, so he ask "Bill ,will you walk around an see which ones look big"

4 members like this post: interpreter66, PJ Wright, Simon_says17, trannyman