View Single Post
9/22/14, 11:13 AM   #32
Re: Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 201
DAD

Jim

I'm with you. Support class racing and traveling don't go well together. After racing at Montpelier a few times I kind of like their position on "Sportsman Midgets". There are a lot of Focus Midgets, Kenyon Midgets, 1200cc Mini Sprints and even 600cc Upright Mini Sprints that could add to the excitement and the car count.

I am amazed at how well a 1000cc Midget can perform with the slightly older Midgets. If these 1000cc cars had been available back in the 90"s one of them could have possibly won the Chili Bowl, that is hard to believe. By keeping the rules basic and Minimal, Montpelier and other track that follow their outline could develop a very competitive form of Midget racing.

If racing orginizations would only set guide lines for the racer to follow and did not make rules that forced racers into a cookie cutter type race car and engine, I think racing would continue to improve and the cost of racing might actually come down.

Why show up at Eldora to race when you know that you would be racing for 5th place money at best and take the chance of blowing up a very expensive although slightly outdated and uncompetitive power plant. If I knew that I would not be racing for First place Money then it is time I start looking for that Hot Air Balloon and develop a taste for wine and campaign.

Honest Dad himself