Thread: Srx
View Single Post
1/12/24, 11:32 PM   #5
JakeCroxton

I realize that my SRX experience was unique compared to most board posters...so I am a bit biased lol.

Levi Jones and I were tasked with scoring, race directing, juggling CBS (with Jared Frood) for the first iteration of SRX.

I can tell you I'll never forget when a sold out crowd at Stafford stood up at 630 when the cars gridded for an 8pm green flag.

Slinger ran out of beer. Which is commendable for Wisconsinites lol. I'll never forget calling out the many lead changes.

It was great to see that many people at IRP again for that round.

The silver crown race at Eldora showed a lot of those folks what we were all about and raised some eyebrows.

Levi and I spent a lot of time going through how to make the competition cautions work and not take away from the racing. It was a bit of theatre up until that last yellow...and then it was on.

Make no mistake about it...the drivers were phenomenal to work with and professionalism and the competiton level is something that's hard to duplicate.

I think the deal has a place...but they tore up a lot of stuff last year. The cars still cost money. Six weeks in a row is a monumental fete, whereas IROC was four times a year and almost never back to back.

Whether you liked the gimmicks or not, the tracks were generally standing room only.

It was a lot of fun and we made a lot of people smile. I hope that it is able to continue one day. It served as a showcase for short track racing on a national stage.