View Single Post
12/18/08, 12:54 PM   #14
Re: New ASCS Midget Class
Larryoracing

For the last few years all I have been hearing is how all these new series were goin' to come in and take over California. Like, Emmet Hahn or ASCS has a better idea? Won't happen!

But all I have seen is the statis "Quo". We have our Winged 410's up North/Golden State Challenge and our Non-wing 410's down south USAC/CRA. There are a few
tracks up North that run Winged 360's...ie. "Wright Construction 360 Series" ,
near Monterey, Ca...ie...Watsonville and the "Civil War" Series at Chico, Ca.

Down 'south' we have a few Non-wing 360 series....ie...'Ventura Racing Association', in Ventura, Ca and the 'Bandits'...ie... Hanford, Santa Maria, CA.

In the Midget Classes we basically have BCRA Midgets up North and the USAC
Western States that run in a little in both Regions and a few other states....ie..
"Western States'.

I really don't see anything wrong with any of these series. And I feel in the South
the FF Midgets do an Excellent job at getting people interested in "Open Wheel
Racing". I'm sure the BCRA lites do the same up North and I know that
Capital Cities Midgets up north tries to do the same thing that USAC FF Midgets does down South.

The one class that we are getting into that combines a little of both wings
and intro to midgets is the "Micro" Midgets and I also feel this is an excellent
series with ton's of potential at a very reasonable cost. We run the 600cc
mulit-class.

2009 should be an Excellent Year for Racing in California, mainly because
the people who want to race or can, will be racing. And those that can't will
have to wait until economic times are better. It has nothing to do with the cost racing. It has to do with the fact that nobody has any work/jobs.

When America starts working again people will start racing again. In the
mean time "no new series or engine" will change things. Everything and
every series already exists in Califorania for every budget.

All we have to just is just race and if the people like it they will show up at the track, buy tickets and maybe even get interested in buying and driving a car
themselves.

Sincerely,

Larry Otani