View Single Post
8/29/12, 7:08 PM   #1
Levi Jones Done For Season
Rogue-9

Courtesy of IBRACN.com:
LEVI IS LAID UP
8/29/2012

FACT - (8-29-12 @ 12:38 pm) - Levi Jones is calling it a season. Levi has been dealing with neck pain resulting from having three herniated discs in his neck. Recently, Levi spent a day with surgeons to get evaluated and it was determined that surgery can't be put off any longer. Surgery is scheduled for next week with a expected recovery of 12 weeks, thus ending his 2012 campaign.

Currently, Levi is leading the USAC National Sprint Car points by 26 points over Jon Stanbrough. This lead was cut down after last weekends incident involving him and Stanbrough. I wasn't there so I don't know what happened but from what I'm reading, Levi got together with Jon and both went for a ride. This accident gathered a couple of other drivers sending Robert Ballou to the hospital with back pain and a concussion.

USAC announced that Levi would be docked 25 points and put on probation for the rest of the season. Reports are that Levi purposfully took out Jon for running him up the track but whatever the reason, USAC felt it necessary to act on the accident and punish Levi and the TSR Motorsports #20 race team.