View Single Post
10/7/09, 6:04 PM   #39
Re: Low car counts in pavement sprints
Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky161 View Post
Maybe it's because our trip to Winchester was probably a once in a lifetime deal, we considered it an event. It was sprints, supers and midgets all in the same weekend and since we rarely get to see pavement anything race, we thought it was awesome. I don't remember the car count, but I think it was in the mid 20s for all 3 classes.

Those tire bill numbers are scary. I don't see how anyone could justify those kind of tire bills on a regular basis. I don't know the answer and I guess I am too far away not just in miles. But it seems to me that you approach the tire companies and ask for a tire that is reasonable in cost and more importantly will last. Surely they can make a tire that will last. They might not like selling a lot of people a few tires as much as a few people a lot of tires, but I'll bet they would like that better than selling no tires to nobody. To quote Racesavers again:
Tired of being run out of racing by the ultra wealthy? Fight Back!

RaceSaver® rules prevent money from buying a significant advantage.

The RaceSaver® concept allows working men and women the opportunity to compete on a level playing field.

Here is the proven RaceSaver® plan:

Stable and Enforceable Rules, Consistent Rules Application, Fair Purse Distribution

Did you know that the average sprint car purse pays the winner 10 to 20 times the amount earned by the 24th place car? Races run under RaceSaver® plan pay the 24th starter at least 1/2 of the winner's purse. A typical RaceSaver® purse would pay the winner between $250 to $500 and the 24th starter $125 to $250. No, that isn't a lot of money but that is exactly the plan. Big money brings big problems. You can be competitive for under $150 per night. Now you can race, pay the mortgage, and send the kids to school
This is probably derailing this thread, well not probably it is, but I am just curious if the RaceSaver plan has a limit on the top side of the purse? In other words, the statement above says the 24th starter gets half the winner's purse but is there any limit on the top payout?