View Single Post
7/15/09, 1:56 PM   #6
Re: Some Solutions for the Betterment of Midget Racing
IndyBound

Don, your #5 Eliminate pit pass and entry fees for owner/drivers, has always been a pet peeve of mine. No other sport has those that are providing the entertainment have to purchase a ticket to entertain the fans. However it has been that way my 50 plus years in racing so I don't see it changing. It has always been explained to me that the pit pass you buy is for insurance coverage.

I really know very little about Harf and Darf or any other fan group that supports Indiana racing. I have read on this sight where tracks have Harf and Darf nights that give the fans a discount. What do these clubs do to give back to the racers? The Eagles Fan Club started running a weekly Pit Pass Raffle last year, the fans purchase a raffle ticket and pick a race team they want to win 4 free pit passes for an up coming race event. Whoever wins the raffle the team they choose is the lucky winner of 4 pit passes. This doesn't eliminate pit passes or entry fees altogether but it does help a race team each week. The Eagles Fan Club was formed years ago for the sole intent and purpose of supporting the drivers and owners who compete at Oswego Speedway. Some other past ideas were a weekly fuel certificate given to a predetermined finishing position in the feature event and tire giveaways at special events.

Anything fans or fan groups can do to help racers in these tough times should be greatly appreciated.

Patti