View Single Post
Speedmax3 (Offline)
  #14 1/5/24 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
I just hope that whoever takes it over goes back to the formula that Jiggs used to put Gas City on the map. No more than 3 classes for weekly shows, and an efficient, tight run program. For the teams that did nothing but complain and stir problems, I hope they race at Lima on Fridays.
Brent, let me say this, his promotion of Gas City didn't start well and never really got any better. There were constant issues which began from his promotion of Montpelier. He was let go there because he owed the owner money and didn't payoff at the end of the year points. The two tracks are in close proximity so several of those teams had also run at Gas City in the support classes. A lot of those guys chose to not support Gas City because of issues at Montpelier. He changed the entire program of hot laps, qualifying, and the redraw which was his right as promoter but few were on board with. He basically told some sprint car teams during a drivers meeting as they brought up the super bad track conditions early in his tenure to shut up or go somewhere else. That alone kind of set the tone going forward. You can ask the Gas City track champion if he ever got paid for his points championship and that would be a no. Crouds really dwindled and I doubt he made any money except the USAC shows when the place was packed. When the new promoter makes his announcement you will see a lot of the program return and hopefully he can get the cars and fans back. I love Gas City and did not want it to close and wish the new promoter well.
12 Likes: BrentTFunk, captrat, DirtTrackTherapy16J, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, interpreter66, LUCKYONE, PIT CART, spicoli, TBONE, tirespinner