Thread: best guess
View Single Post
4/16/20, 12:34 PM   #17
Re: best guess
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
Please research how communicable disease works. A single car accident does not have the potential to harm others not involved in the accident.
My research includes an understanding of "Herd immunity" (& I blv/agree with the 1st two posts on this very page); and I just don't see us getting back to an operating country if we are going to wait until the #s are at 0. As long as the local hospitals aren't full, I think we should get back to business (in those regions). Dedicating 12hours a day to audio radio/tv news/editorial, my answer remains unchanged. When my local track opens I will be there.

Now, do I necessarily think "points" racing should start soon? Maybe not (so those that are not comfortable being out, do not "have" to be); but maybe some soft openings with specials/even exhibition type events at 1st. Get some of the staff working (maybe NOT even the concession workers and beer sellers yet, either), sell some race parts/tires/fuel, all the people behind the scenes...(engine builders, chassis companies, etc)

Tracks will have a battle on their hands, with local governments and the people against them running their business. I offer my full support (and have lost $ myself because of this delay) and would think the racing community (the drivers especially, known for taking chances, braving risks), would rally up to get back to what they love to do (and many make $ off of). People in some states are beginning to fight/protest!
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 4/16/20 at 12:37 PM.

1 member likes this post: opnwhlmnd