Thread: Must Watch
View Single Post
kb78 (Offline)
  #8 2/21/24 8:44 AM
Originally Posted by Hubie48:
and what did Chet do to grow the sport other than act like a straight up hill billy?

What Chad and Kyle are doing is dragging the sport into money, thru organization. USAC is the organization, and sometimes I think it must still be 1965. The caste system they had worked for a long time. Changing taste and technology put paid most of their races and most of that was the Club's inability to change.

It even cost them the Indy 500

PS - I'm not on social media. Tik Tok:-) to bad our society puts so much weight into meaningless, worthless information. Jesus, life goes off in front of you. Get off your phone. I long for the day the phone was on the wall in the kitchen. Most idiots could not leave the house without a phone.

I am not sure what kind of vitriol you must carry for Chet that you would have to bring him into this conversation, show me on the doll where he hurt you...

That being said, I don't necessarily agree that Brad and Chad bringing money through organization as much as they are bringing money through Kyle's celebrity, that is where the money is coming from. I hope that what they are doing works in the long run so we will see.

I agree with what Justin Fiedler is saying, non-winged racing just does not move the needle in the same manner as Winged sprints or big time late models so it doesn't make sense for him to center any of his episodes about it. It's not his job to promote non-winged racing just to report the goings on about it. Outside of Indiana it is very difficult for promoters to draw a crowd to any non-wing event, why do you think that Eldora brought the Outlaws and All-Stars into the 4 Crown? The event was dying and they have had great crowds ever since the change. Justin is not sullying the name of non-winged racing, he is just stating a fact.
16 Likes: billw, Blitzman, Daisy's dad, EBookerFan, erich45, flagboy55, luckybuc97, motorhead748, nathans1012, OnTheHammer, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, PJ Wright, progressive22, racenut69, TBONE