View Single Post
DAD (Offline)
  #37 11/26/15 1:53 PM
Originally Posted by hill222:
how about just a 600cc 4 valve and ban the 636cc. That would make it simpler Kawasaki makes a 600 to. Then you could use a Honda Suzuki Yamaha Kawasaki every one would be equal then with lots of options.
hill

I like your style. But it would keep us guys who like to think outside the box very few options to play with. I would imagine that the extra power of that 36cc's is probably also brought about by more compression. These little motors still need a lot of tuning to work well in a race car giving engine guys like yourself work, but investing the price of another engine on 36cc's seems a bit off to me. I don't really know how we got off on the 2mm bore in the first place. I guess the reason was because everybody since the beginning of time allowed for racers to bore them out when they wore out (dirt and no air cleaners tended to do that I guess back then). Now days With labor and parts cost vs. replacement engine cost it just is not cost effective to bore them anymore.

It is kind of nice to talk to a guy who calls it the way he sees it, and is looking out after the racers best interest.

Honest Dad himself