View Single Post
2/11/18, 8:11 PM   #5
Re: World of Outlaw wreck?
Kinser11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydehart View Post
A flipping David Gravel got hit by Tim Shaffer at Volusia. I will not comment or speculate on what happened with the cage. Barry Jackson, Gravel's crew chief released a very sincere statement about why he isn't releasing pictures of the cage or anything. He will let other racers and chassis manufacturers look at it to try to advance safety in the sport. The important thing is that both drivers walked away.
I am sorry,but if he is so concern with the cars safety, why would you roll an identical car out to run? If you read his statement, to me he saying safety is not the owners, drivers or crew chiefs responsibility. It is everyone else's. I am sure that all the top Outlaw teams STILL get their cars built to their specifications. If you want the cage built different order it that way. I worked for several Outlaw, teams over the years and everyone had things built a little different. If some called and wanted a car like Kinser it might be one like a older model,but never what they was using at the time.
This what happens when you get bolt on crew chiefs.