View Single Post
10/6/19, 12:07 PM   #33
Re: F1 - Halo to the Rescue (Spoiler)
Brickyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboat15 View Post
I can tell you are a bit more passionate about this subject than I am, I am a Neanderthal just ask my wife.
The danger is never going to go away, but if the formula allows an advancement in an area that will further protect a driver, I'm all for it.

I was at the Burg last nigh and Eldora last week, which is funny because a few on here have accused me of being a CART and Penske shill and anti dirt track hero at Indy because I don't have a problem with foreign drivers and road/street courses. There were some heavy crashes both nights that resulted in rollovers or cars in the fence. How many on here, to include yourself, would advocate to go back to the days of no roll cages and seat belts? I find it insane that we used to race that way and the headlines this past week might have very well included the names of three or four dead drives, just from those two tracks alone, if we did. No different here, in a couple of years people will hardly notice and shake their heads at the fact we used to expose these guy's and gal's head to the elements while running 235mph around Indy. Those cars will still injure you very easily, but hopefully we aren't going to have to put another driver on life support or six feet under because they caught a piece of another car that was in an accident they had no part of.
Last edited by Brickyard; 10/6/19 at 12:18 PM.