View Single Post
11/14/17, 10:28 AM   #8
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
Who does not love a parade? Been around this sport for 50+ years. The WoO has become the greatest hoax and ultimately the greatest detrimate to sprint car racing since aero became more important factor. A very smart friend of mine once said "when perception becomes reality we are in deep doodoo"!
Lol! That's funny... I've seen good & not so good races both wing and non wing. But I just don't see how you can denigrate a series that can allow close to 20 drivers and crew to make a fair living doing what most would consider a dream. As to your assessment of the racing being a parade, name another series that had 20 different winners, averaged 38 cars over a 90 race season, and 13 lead changes in the last 2 laps.
I havnt been around quite as long as you but it's close and in that time I've owned & drove my own car and others but now I'm just a fan. I've also been around long enough to know sprint car racing and maybe all dirt track racing owe a debt of gratitude to 3 men, those are Ted Johnson, Earl Baltes and Ralph Capitani. Those 3 set the standard and brought along every track up with their efforts.