View Single Post
2/2/24, 10:45 PM   #9
Re: A question for the race track chasers
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJMooney View Post
I follow the Trackchaser rule book:

1. Track within a track. Yes. They count separately. You only count tracks separately IF you see a race on them. Examples: Salem - Big half with a 1/4 mile on the inside (You see sprint cars on the half, Kenyon cars on the 1/4 - that' 2 tracks), IMS - Superspeedway with the Midget Short Track inside (You went to the Indy 500 in May, came back in Sept for the BC39 - that's 2 tracks).

2. Even if the tracks share the same straightaway, they can count as separate tracks. Again, only if you see races on both configurations. Examples: Anderson - the oval and the figure 8 track, Baer Field - 1/2 mile oval and an inner 1/4 mile that shared the front straight.

3. That's a point of contention with some Trackchasers. The short answer is "no". Only count once. A perfect example is Lawrenceburg. I've seen shows on the old flat quarter and the new banked 3/8. They are completely different configurations, in my opinion. To save on any arguments, Lawrenceburg can only be counted once.

4. Counts as only one track. Cosmetics don't matter.

5. Moved to a new spot within the same complex - I've thought about this one myself when it comes to the new Belle-Clair (if it ever happens). I would say "yes". Counts as a new track. This one might have to go to the Trackchaser Board of Directors for review.
I agree with most of the people here, one location=one track. As for "official" Track Chaser rules. I guess some people like to formalize & define everything.... I like the comment " Not to be taken too, too seriously. It’s all good fun"
By the way, I'm a relative lightweight at 39 tracks. Hope to hit at least 3 new ones this summer
Last edited by revjimk; 2/4/24 at 12:27 PM.