View Single Post
2/2/24, 3:26 PM   #5
Re: A question for the race track chasers
JJMooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
So, I know many of us keep records on all of the tracks we have visited. (My number is 93), but I have some questions about how you classify some situations.

1. The race track has two tracks at the same location. There is the big track and the little track inside. You sit in the same grandstand, but the two tracks are completely different and have nothing in common. If you watch a race on both tracks is that two on your list?

2. Similar to one but a little different. There are two tracks but they share the front straight away. The two tracks race completely different, but for a moment they are on the same straight way. Once again, you sit in the same grandstand to watch both races. If you watch a race on both tracks is that two on your list?

3. The race track was cut down in size. At one time it was a big track (usually 1/2 mile) but the racing and car count suffered. Thus the promoter cut the track in size to something much smaller. Sometimes the front straight away in reused, but sometimes a smaller track is just inside the larger track and the larger track is abandoned. However, once again the same grandstands are used for both. If you watch a race on both tracks is that two on your list?

4. The track was brought back to life. This is where the track has a history, went dark, and then was brought back to life. This is where everything is new except for the location of the track. Pennsboro Speedway is a great example of this. If you watch a race on both tracks is that two on your list?

5. Complete rebuild of the complex. Similar to four, but instead of keeping the track in the original location, it is moved to a new location within the complex. The only thing similar to the old track in this situation is usually the name and the address. The proposed changes at Little Belleville in Illinois would be an example of this. If you watch a race on both tracks is that two on your list?
I follow the Trackchaser rule book:

1. Track within a track. Yes. They count separately. You only count tracks separately IF you see a race on them. Examples: Salem - Big half with a 1/4 mile on the inside (You see sprint cars on the half, Kenyon cars on the 1/4 - that' 2 tracks), IMS - Superspeedway with the Midget Short Track inside (You went to the Indy 500 in May, came back in Sept for the BC39 - that's 2 tracks).

2. Even if the tracks share the same straightaway, they can count as separate tracks. Again, only if you see races on both configurations. Examples: Anderson - the oval and the figure 8 track, Baer Field - 1/2 mile oval and an inner 1/4 mile that shared the front straight.

3. That's a point of contention with some Trackchasers. The short answer is "no". Only count once. A perfect example is Lawrenceburg. I've seen shows on the old flat quarter and the new banked 3/8. They are completely different configurations, in my opinion. To save on any arguments, Lawrenceburg can only be counted once.

4. Counts as only one track. Cosmetics don't matter.

5. Moved to a new spot within the same complex - I've thought about this one myself when it comes to the new Belle-Clair (if it ever happens). I would say "yes". Counts as a new track. This one might have to go to the Trackchaser Board of Directors for review.

4 members like this post: Jonr, nathans1012, oppweld, WinglessLovers