View Single Post
2/24/24, 11:04 AM   #1
Lessons on Promotion
flagboy55

Racing promotion is a topic that gets brought up frequently as you are all very much aware. It’s something that in the recent past that I really haven’t paid a whole lot of attention to unless I hear about a race that I missed that may have been in my reach. Being a unflappable fan of the United States Auto Club, I already track their events so I can plan which ones to go to and the ones I can’t I watch on Flo. They don’t have to promote anything to me. Now race event promoting has certainly changed over the years. I’m old enough to remember cardboard signs stapled to telephone poles and signs stuck in gas station windows advertising a race at our local tracks. I remember the radio ads for the great Santa Fe Speedway and US 30 Dragstip. Of course every Thursday or Friday when the Speedsport News would come, that was the first thing I would look at to see where a race is. Nowadays, so much is electronic. I don’t know about you guy’s, but I use a couple different app’s to get a lot of my information. Twitter is what I use the most, then Instagram and very little FB. I follow USAC, High Limit, WOO, Lucas Late Models and several others. I know things are different for everyone considering who you follow and who you hit the “like” button for. Things like that have influence on what content gets sent your way. When it comes to what I see as far as advertising and putting out content, my beloved USAC does as good as job as any, constantly posting stuff on Twitter and Instagram. So social media is a big part of promotion these days but it’s only a piece of it. I’m asking you my friends, what do you think is lacking in promoting these days. Just from my perspective, I don’t listen to radio much and watch very little TV unless it’s a hockey game or streaming racing. I’ll bet many of you have changed your intake of these things too. So I’m asking what are we missing and what do you think we could do better. By the way April 5th USAC Sprints at the Action Track