View Single Post
11/27/23, 8:01 PM   #10
Re: Usac: Turkey night grand prix usac midget results: Nov.
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
Sprint cars ran there last few years during Turkey night and the track was fine. Last year was one of the best surfaces you will see for a midget. Epic battle between Grant and Thorson.

25MPH winds all weekend was the culprit not sprint cars.
I was at Ventura in 2021 and the track lasted all of 10 more laps than it did this year (it rubbered up and locked down at lap 50 that night as opposed to lap 40 Saturday night). Mitchell Moles passed Larson for 3rd right after the halfway break and it was only because Larson made a minor mistake getting off of #2 and opened the door. That was the only pass of any consequence from lap 50 on. And, there was no such winds at the 2021 race and it still rubbered up. Again, I was there and we drove over 2000 miles one way partially for this event and was extremely disappointed. I feel for those that made a similar effort to attend this year because it had the same disappointing result.

1 member likes this post: azsprintfan1