View Single Post
5/8/18, 11:06 PM   #29
Re: Indianapolis 500
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I went to 3 sprint car races this weekend and the stands were far from full. In fact 2 of the shows the crowds were weak, and these guys are going to fill IMS? I saw Jack Hewitt and Steve Kinser run the 500. I bought a ticket for $20 and sat anywhere I wanted. I will be rooting for Chris Windom on Carb Day.
I too saw Steve & Jack race the 500 way back in '97 & '98. In '97 anyone could have walked in for free and watched Steve finish 14th from most any stand in the place, including the Penthouse sections, on the Tuesday after Memorial Day due to the rainout's on Sunday and Monday. If you paid $20.00 you got ripped off.

Not sure where "anywhere I wanted" seats actually are but an Andrew Jackson wouldn't have bought you an , E, B or A-Stand Penthouse seat to watch ol' Jack finish 12th back in '98, that's for sure. Security checks those tickets pretty closely before you ever get near the Penthouse seating areas. Unless of course it's a 3 day rainout circumstance like in '97, in which case it was possible to set most anywhere as long as no one shows up with a ticket for the seat you're setting in.

1 member likes this post: Leohr46