View Single Post
8/14/22, 9:51 PM   #19
Re: It Ain’t Right
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Pit stops or fuel breaks in Sprint Car racing is wrong! If you’re going to run a 50 lap race, make sure you can carry enough fuel to run it. I hate that break at the Knoxville Nationals.
Nope, it is not right '55. Agree 100%. A sprint car race does not need a NASCAR caution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
My opinion about this topic is a large majority of this forum do nothing but bash wing racing yet are concerned about the Knoxville Nationals format.

There were 25,000 people in the stands and another 4,000 in the suites and pits. I'd say the format is working pretty well for Knoxville.
Point made, sir. I can also remember the grandstands being packed at Daytona and Talladega for NASCAR restrictor plate races. They sold the "race fans" on that and packed the place with follow-the-leader laps. NASCAR was great at getting the fans to believe that entertainment was racing. Those were some GREAT races.

A lot of those grandstands are now gone for they cannot fill them and they have been moved to places like Kokomo, Plymouth, Spartan Speedway, etc. I think the fan base wised up.

As good as the racing is at Knoxville, I have to revert to P.T. Barnum's saying wherein "There is a sucker born every day." I just hope some day they make the Knoxville Nationals a sprint car race. Again.

2 members like this post: captrat, chrismattlin