Thread: Is it true
View Single Post
6/4/12, 9:30 AM   #6
Re: Is it true
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

I would hate to see any major changes to beautiful Bloomington Speedway. Right now Bloomington is one of the finest race tracks in the country, the viewing is perfect, the track seems to fit the drivers, concessions are great, and everything works. My only trouble there is making the climb to the facilities, so maybe an escalator would be nice. With the advancement of housing areas near the track, i think management at Bloomington would be wise not to stir the pot with expansion and not give them more reason to complain. Funny thing isn't it, move next door to a race track and then complain about the noise. See you at Bloomington June 8th for another one of our money saving HARF nights. Show your "current" membership card at the ticket booth for 1/2 off general admission, bob

---------- Post added at 9:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:22 AM ----------

NO WALLS! all walls do is destroy more equipment for the owners & create a barrier for the dust to shoot up off of (Eldora, a good example). At Bloomington, with its natural run off areas, a car goes off track and can still keep it fired up and rejoin the race, with a wall, it's a yellow flag and destroyed equipment. At my last visit to Eldora (a few years ago) the dust shooting up from the wall was so thick, you couldn't see a single car, made for a great 4 crown. JMHO, don't change a thing, Bloomington is a natural. bob