View Single Post
9/21/14, 11:30 PM   #15
Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 2015
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Hope this works out. I'd like to see some thing like this in the northern part of the state. For *those* who cut down the stock car/ lower classes remember those guys put just as much effort in to what they can afford to race as do those open wheel cars you all speak so highly of. If it wasn't for these other classes some of you don't like tracks may not always be able to afford the payout they post each week. Respect and Thank you are words that in my opinion aren't used enough in racing. For the promoters and track owners doing what they can to keep racing affordable and keep tracks open & racers and teams trying their best to keep the cars on the track I applaud you for your efforts. Without you there wouldn't be any racing to begin with. For me racing is racing. I try to stay and watch the whole show when I'm at the races weather it's dirt, Asphalt, Oval, dragstrip/ Mud bog, road course, land, water, or air (Red Bull Air Races), 2 wheel or 4 wheel. I don't care what type it is. It may not always be easy because promoter and racer don't get along but at least try to appreciate both sides. Racing is the most expensive sport in the world. Promoters, officials, drivers, & teams do what they can to keep the sport going. For the many times I hear people moan and grown about the lower classes, to many classes, long night it was, ect..., remember what effort it take even with daily JOBS to keep it all going. For those that don't like the lower classes and leave before they race. I challenge you to stay the whole night and watch. Some times the lower classes put on the best races and I've seen they happen a lot over the years more then you might think.

P.S. Good luck to Bloomington Speedway in their new adventure with the Racesaver 305 Wing Sprint Car class in 2015.
Last edited by nathans1012; 9/21/14 at 11:32 PM.