View Single Post
3/8/17, 12:12 PM   #1
Cheaper HP for gsxr750 in pulling tractor
leftturn31

Was wondering if anybody has ideas to give my 03 gsxr750 a boost. The engine is in a mini pulling tractor and I typically run between 9k to redline. the engine is stock inside but I converted it to run on methanol. With bigger injectors and a older Yoshi engine controller. I run stock plug temp and have added 2deg of timing to the whole map, tuning it to 5.0:1 fuel ratio. It's been great but the competition is catching up to my power so i'm looking for ideas to bump mine without spending a lot of money. I do have a set of 05-06 gsxr1000 cams with APE adjustable sprockets on them that I was thinking of putting in but not sure they would fit without putting deeper valve reliefs in the pistons, and I would like to not disassemble the engine cases. I don't feel comfortable with that but I think I would feel ok removing the head to install thinner gasket if that would help any.
This engine will run on the rev limiter if the track has low traction areas or on a good hook at mid track. Is it possible to up the rev limiter by 500 or 1000 rpms on stock internals? I know most power tweaks are pretty secret but hoping wouldn't mind sharing being i'm not competing against you. Thanks Cory

PS I do have a line on an 05 gsxr750 long block w/ 19k miles on it

1 member likes this post: DAD