Thread: Ocala
View Single Post
2/10/20, 8:12 PM   #49
WingedFan2019

Race Count This Year: 9
Race Count Last Year: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamby454 View Post
I went to bubba Saturday and Volusia Sunday. Throwing out travel, here’s my takeaway. Volusia is a top notch facility bubba is not. Volusia also has several other racing options throughout the month allowing them to bring in vendors for food etc. it has almost a fair feel which is a cool atmosphere. Bubba is kind of a **** hole. Based on, I believe a usac post, found on here saturdays start time was supposed to be 5:30. We showed up at 5:15 due to chilly weather And didn’t want to sit in it longer than necessary and cars were not on track until almost 6:45. once on track for unknown reasons they had 2 hot lap sessions for midgets. Sunday at Volusia it was made known that groups 1 and 2 were getting a 2nd hot lap session due to greasy track conditions. As far as the on track stuff I’d rather watch 20 midgets than 100 winged cars. The racing at Volusia was incredibly boring. They are fast, sure. But passing is minimal. If that’s your thing more power to you. I prefer to see action on the track. Bubba didn’t provide a lot of that either but still more than the outlaws did. Takeaway is USAC really needs to step up their show. WoO runs like clock work, even the support classes. With USAC everything is hum-ho all night. It literally feels like sometimes they are trying to drag the shows out due to lower car counts. My thought is on trips that have lower car counts, IE: Florida, PA, etc, why doesn’t USAC run the midgets and sprints the same night. Fixes the support class issue and gets you better quality racing for the fans. Then all they have to fix is running the program through and explaining to fans what’s going on. New fans don’t understand all the time with no cars on the track and nothing being said by the announcers.
All and all I still prefer USAC but can understand why the more common fan goes to WoO races.
Final thought, the $42 dollar general admission ticket for Volusia Sunday is ridiculous.
$42 is too high. as for the no passing Logan schuhart went from 25th to 5th in the feature that seems like a good amount of passing to me

2 members like this post: PIT CART, tirespinner