View Single Post
7/30/14, 7:34 AM   #202
Re: bill gardner up date
PJ Wright

In 2000 I saw my first ever traditional sprint car race during a vacation trip to Indiana and I was hooked. As soon as I got back to SC I began to search for all the info I could find about that kind of racing and I soon found USACfans.com. For the first time ever I signed up to post on a forum or message board of any kind. Of course the original site was replaced by IOW and I continued to enjoy it daily.
I do have other interests and those things do have forums and since that first time years ago, I've posted on other subjects on other sites. But gradually over time I stopped posting anywhere other than here.
So what was the difference between here and every other forum?
Bill was. The way he administered this site. The way he allowed it to flow and for people to present different opinions...but within clearly defined and enforced limits. The way he brought things back into perspective when people would get focused on trivial matters. Bill was the difference and I, along with MANY others, are going to greatly miss that.
Pete Wright
Greenville, SC
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.