View Single Post
9/20/09, 9:49 PM   #5
Re: "From A Few Years Back" - A very popular supermodified trio - "The Alabama Ga
ktsr

Is this not the greatest pic on this website. Red Farmer is the epitamy of what a racer is. I had this pleasure of working on his dirt late models for a short time when I first moved to Alabama in 1989. Working for one of your heros is a great thing. I learned what it meant to race on nothing and to never let that deter your desire. We worked in a not very updated shop behind his house every night after work and made the Saturday trip to Talladega short track on the weekends. He was also Davey's Busch Grand National Crew Chief at that time. So, we would take the trail from behind his house that led straight to the Allison's shop to visit and hang out sometimes. I was 19 yrs old and living a dream. These guys are the greatest. If i'm not mistaken, Mr. Farmer is a racing hero of one of our past sprint cars guru's, Tony Stewart. Even he knows greatness when he sees it.

P.S. Mr. Farmer gave me a great quote this year at the ICE BOWL at TST in January. I asked him if he was ever gonna retire, and this was his response. "I may wear out, but i'll never get Rusty."

Great Pics
Kevin Thomas, Sr