View Single Post
9/10/18, 2:10 PM   #8
Re: 2018 Michigan Series Sprint Champs
Stevensville Mike

Thanks for your words, Rich. Anytime one is used in the same sentence as Dick Beebe is an honor.

However, I was hoping this thread would just flat out die. I was incorrect on many accounts:

Chad Blonde was the SOD Champ, not Shawn Valenti. I bit on one article on the SOD website wherein Valenti won a partial portion of the schedule, not the whole thing. And.... I actually THOUGHT Blonde had won but somehow was allowed to be "talked" out of it.

I thought GLSS was still going with Dustin Daggett atop the table. Apparently their series was over already.

I was kind of right about MTS and Steve Irwin but as Can26 pointed out, a tire took him down not fuel. Thanks, John. By the way, you still are the winner of the strangest sprint car finish I ever saw - Shiawassee County Fairgrounds about ten years back.

But on the up side, I was CORRECT with Boston Mead being the Butler Champ and Chad winning the Hog Creek Showdown.

So, out of five points, I was wrong on two, right on two, and about half way right on the fifth. That's about a .500 average. Good for baseball, but bad for stats.

I think I will now get out of this thread and go back to watching reruns of Mannix on MeTV. I taped them with my VCR.
Last edited by Stevensville Mike; 9/10/18 at 2:12 PM.

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, Rich Mersereau