Thread: Tire Dopers
View Single Post
4/1/22, 3:20 PM   #203
Re: Tire Dopers
digdug

Could USAC require team to purchase (new tire (s) ) at track, be stamped and record serial numbers. (Karts do this at big events). the hardness could be checked during the night (takes seconds) and compared to competitors. In today's age, things like shouldn'd happen in a National Series. When it's a NOS series and NOS driver involved, doesn't look good. I don't know the details, but if Kunz and other teams are willing to not run for a championship now, that says something.

Nobody wants to race in a series when someone get's caught cheating and nothing happens. (fuel, motor and tires should never be messed with). Maybe the teams were not cheating, I don't know. At a local track in socal, a guy that won every week tires tested altered, he got a vacation for year, said he would never race there again, guess what he races there now. He swore it must of been what he cleaned the tires..

My $.02 fix, buy tires at track, if not, put in the rules, tires only washed with soap and water, check hardness after main event and qualifying, and random times. No shiny stuff on tires, even armour all, etc.
Last edited by digdug; 4/1/22 at 3:21 PM.