Thread: Car Colors
View Single Post
7/7/14, 3:13 PM   #12
Re: Car Colors
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I really don't care the color, You got 25 midgets. Most of us would be happy to get 20. In the day like today where getting a car together and actually taking it to a track cost a small fortune. I'll let the paint job slide.

Numbers however, I remember one Chili Bowl where there were a couple races where eight of the top ten were all 71s and many of them identical except maybe a small K or X after the number.
Fans appreciate nicely painted race cars (ala Johnny Lightning or, the day-glo STP cars etc). I remember race cars from the 60's 70's and 80's by the paint schemes. I became a fan of certain teams, cars and drivers because of the way the cars appeared. Young fans, in particular, are very impressionable. Ignore the fans and you'll lose them or, worse yet, never get them in the first place. The racing "community" as a whole, is not doing a very good promoting our sport. The crowd is getting older and older. Yes, they'll get Chuck's money and my money no matter what the color, however, there aren't enough of us die-hards around, anymore, to pay the all the bills. We need to create new fans.....somehow.