View Single Post
2/20/20, 7:42 PM   #36
Re: USAC vs WOO vs Allstars vs ASCS
nodoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
Since you have spoken about aircraft maintenance I am assuming you have mechanical expertise. So you do understand that wing and non-wing cars have evolved to where they appear similar, but are quite different. The days of running Eldora on Saturday night and Winchester Sunday afternoon have sadly passed. USAC no longer run both primarily because specialized cars meant things were too expensive.
I have built Midgets Sprints and Modifieds all Dirt -- With that said, the Differences between to 2 cars Wing/ Wingless isn't all that and can be easily overcome. Midgets in ARDC which is the club I ran with ran Wings and Wingless races in the same season.

The biggest problem with wingless Sprints are they don't have Wing Mounts which aren't hard to weld on or order a Chassis with them. Teams would just have to learn how to set up the cars differently. The differences you talk about are MINOR and it isn't hard to convert them. The Biggest thing is what bars and shock settings to use for handling differences