View Single Post
8/30/21, 3:00 PM   #24
Re: Smackdown Takeaways
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
The track ignores the local community and the local community pretty much ignores the track. It's been that way since the current owners took over. The track brought in a local ex-sprint car driver a couple years ago I guess in a minor attempt to bridge that gap. I really don't think they were sincere in their efforts. The ex-local driver was sincere but the track wasn't. Plus there are hardly any local racers any more. Why would you build a race car to race maybe 4 or 5 times per year at the track if that?
So the once a month and sometimes once a week meetings with the Mayor and city administration are just rumors ?? even through my wife sat in everyone of the meetings plus Jill her family Levi and the crew from USAC made the long drive to sit and discuss the racing at the Kokomo Speedway, none of that happened the last three years??????????????
I guess the support this administration has shown during a very difficult time due to the virus, plus first year in office for our Mayor and his family that for the record you can find in the pits, infield or stands because they love racing of all kinds just isn't happening ?? sure Tyler may have missed this weekend but moving three of your kids into college plus the other pressing issues from the city may have took some time away from his visit to the speedway this weekend.

I guess the support coming from the city directly to the Kokomo Speedway in the near future wont be enough either ?? I guess the city administration should just send the money to the big track in Indianapolis like has happened so many years before. I guess I just don't understand how all these people bust their asses only to have some say it never happened. And for the record the Oconners have given Josh and Shannon open book on whatever they want to do and have bent over backwards to make sure the good people of Kokomo feel welcome at Our hometown track.

I just hope when the gates at the Speedway close for the last time people can honestly say I did everything possible to help it survive.

Thanks to everyone that came out this past week to support the speedway local restarants and Hotels as if you told most of the people running these fine Kokomo establishments they gave discounts to the people supporting the Track.

Thank you all for the feedback as I'm sure its being looked at, or maybe not what the hell do I know

Jerry Spencer #66j
Last edited by Jerry Spencer; 8/30/21 at 3:05 PM.