View Single Post
7/15/17, 2:26 PM   #7
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan View Post
I actually witnessed something of the opposite of fake hype last night at Lincoln Speedway in Illinois. It was a MOWA show with the local track announcer and he did everything to hype up the numerous support classes and degrade the sprints. Granted it was a wreck fest last night, but the stands were full of sprint fans. I know it was sprint fans because if you drive by on their regular show on a Friday night there's about 16 people in the stands, last night it was pretty much full. To hear the announcer degrade the sprints like that can't look good for the casual fan or a first timer. Someone should have taken his mic away! I even heard another fan say has this guy ever even seen a sprintcar race before lol
Seems like a bad idea if you want to try to persuade those fans who came to the special show to come back for your weekly program. I basically heard the complete reverse of that here in Indiana several years ago - a weekly sprint track (since that's basically all we have) that was running a late model show and couldn't have been more disrespectful to the LM teams and fans.