View Single Post
7/15/18, 9:32 PM   #1
2018 Kings Royal Delights
Stevensville Mike

I am somewhat surprised no one has started a KR thread, but....

One of the coolest things I ever saw at a track was last night for the National Anthem. The girl got up to sing and dedicated the song to all members of the service. Then, as she started singing (quite beautifully), two guys on horseback came out onto the track from the Turn 3 fence. The horses were galloping with one guy holding an American flag and the other holding a POW-MIA flag. It was great.

Prior to that, after hot laps, the crew got out to scrape the mud off of the walls in Turns 1 and 3. Eldora had one of their push trucks hook up a vertical scraper to the left front fender and drove clockwise through Turns 2 and 1, scraping the wall vice just having crew members use individual scrapers and making stripes. I looked at the guy sitting next to me and we both agreed that it was about time that someone came up with a more easier way to perform this process.

Every time Rico passed a car. By far the fan's favorite.

And finally, Donny Schatz wins is third KR in a row. As he got out of his car, the noise level rose tenfold. I haven't heard fans that loud since Sammy was in his prime.

Thanks for the show, Eldora. More than worth the trip.