View Single Post
10/28/09, 11:50 PM   #39
Re: mini sprint safty
Jus Roach

There are a few words being tossed around here that can be left up to interpretation.
Fast- All cars can be fast in their respective worlds.
Safety- Is a goal most try to achieve and is not obtained thru a single factor.

Quarter midgets were not designed to have 200cc+ engines running on 1/4 mile tracks and being driven by an 8 year old, but I have seen it.
Micro sprints are not intended to race on 3/8 asphalt surface / concrete wall tracks at over 80mph
Mini sprints (or any cage/chassis) made by someone's brother-in-law using undersized tubing and only fair welding skills should be disallowed before they ever hit the track.

As for personal safety, err to the side of caution is the sensible answer. Being a car owner, I live by the belief: "I can replace any nut on my car but the one that straps into the seat." I have spent money that would have made my car faster or handle better and ended up spending the money on the "safety upgrade"
Yea, I believe in quality personal gear, restraints, seat, etc. but as stated in an earlier post If you do not have proper safety precautions in place at the facility, you are essentially on your own in the event of a incident. A qualified safety team is priceless.

The bottom line: Invest in quality, do your homework, don't forget to use BOTH heads, don't forget to have fun.

$.02

J.R.
Last edited by Jus Roach; 10/28/09 at 11:52 PM.

1 member likes this post: Lucky161